View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 11:39 AM   #22
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What's the fallback code for Javascript?
I really have to make efforts to stay calm. With each new statement from you, I become more and more convinced that you know very little about the epub protocol (both epub2 and epub3). Of course it's not a sin to ignore something (none of us were born knowing), but it's a sin to try to teach from ignorance, as is your case.

What do you think I use javascript for (which by the way, you talk about it but you don't know what it's for). I USE JAVASCRIPT TO FORMAT TEXT AND PARAGRAPHS. And since epub2 doesn't support javascript, the code is ignored and the special formatting (for devices that accept epub3) IS NOT APPLIED. Rich formatting has no place in epub2. In that case there is no need for alternative code.

I explain it to you again because I see that you are very closed and don't understand things:

1) I write code for epub2 (this is the base code).
2) I check if the device accepts certain CSS code through the @supports instruction.
3) I write that CSS3 code in case it is supported.
4) The code in step 3) is a layer on the code I wrote in step 1). If the code of step3 is not supported, then the style ("the layer") is ignored and the base code I wrote in step 1) takes place. Do you understand?
5) I check through javascript if the property I wrote in point 3) was accepted. If it was, then I apply more corrections to the epub (I change styles, I change style sheets, I apply special layouts and many other things -basically, I apply responsive formats when font-size is changed).
6) What if the device only accepts epub2 and reject javascript? NOTHING HAPPENS. The code in point 5) doesn't take place and the base code remains active.

Please don't talk more about what you don't know. You already stated a falsehood when you stated that javascript was not supported by the majority of ereaders. I asked you to name a single epub3 ereader that doesn't support javascript and you couldn't do it. How much more nonsense do we have to read from you?

Last edited by RbnJrg; 04-28-2024 at 12:00 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote