View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 11:24 PM   #170
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hmm ... then something is broken.

That environment variable should override all highlight colors on the widgets specified. The only widget intentionally left out is the QComboBox that gets a bit messed up when it is styled with a stylesheet on Windows and macOS - see BeckyEbook's post about the Find Replace qcomboboxes earlier in this thread.

Update:
And your yellow box in Find Replace is a QComboBox! To check out non-QCombobox focus highlighting go to Sigil Preferences and play around with the controls in some of the Preference windows.
I never understood what BekkyEbook's problem was with F&R combo boxes. I assumed that was because I use a custom Theme that labels the F&R buttons with text rather than icons - which I think I got from BekkyE.

I don't see any problems on Preferences.

With the EnvVar set to yellow and .qss yellow tweak enabled, I get yellow borders on everything. Spin controls (e.g.font size) - up/down arrow buttons work, as do the up/down keys, ditto the combo boxes, the button pops a list, the up/down arrow keys traverse the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Update 2:
As for buttons and other controls on Windows, I can add them so that the override color works on them. I do that now for macOS. I just have no way to test changes on Windows so I did not add them in case they had problems similar to QComboBoxes has on Windows under light mode.

The approach used by BeckyEbook's qss just had some issues in Windows in light mode (and dark) and macOS because of Qt's idiocy. I am attempting to work around them by more selectively applying the highlight to specific widgets and then matching the system highlight color to handle the exceptions. We can certainly expand Windows to match what is done on macOS.
I'll do some tests in Light mode

And yes, I missed Diap's post about Data/Light mode.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote