View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 08:55 PM   #169
Gone
Out of order
Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Marketing?

But yes I know what you mean. From eink's website: "Kaleido 3 features a black and white resolution of 300ppi, and a color resolution of 150ppi." This leads people to think that somehow with b&w text you are getting 300dpi.

I'm inclined to believe Quoth this is incorrect. After all the color layer is there whether there is any color on the screen, just as the light layer is there whether you use the light or not.

But then, why mention black and white resolution at all? Do they mean that if you use the kaleido screen without the color capability, you get 300dpi? But then what's the point? That's called a carta screen.

I'm holding out a tiny possibility that something else is going on here, that you do get higher res with grayscale, but I don't know how that would work. Somebody would have to look at the monochrome and colored areas of the screen under a microscope and see if there's any difference
Nothing I’ve seen so far can make me think that we get 150 ppi with black and white text. One guy’s theory vs many great pictures and good videos, plus facts written on companies website. It’s starting to make a lot, don’t you think? But who knows.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote