View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 08:52 PM   #7553
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I don't know where they got their background history/details, but I do remember that the series tracked pretty well with Bernard Lewis’ The Middle East: A Brief History of the Last 2,000 Years – whose "not-so-brief" several hundred pages I also read before my trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Not on sale in the UK, but Kobo UK are a bit cheaper than Amazon UK, standardising on £3.99/book and £9.99 for the 1st 4 as a box set. Amazon are a mix of £3.99 and £4.99 and a bit over £10 for the set - and I have a 20% off code.

I might take a punt on these; they sound interesting; I wonder how much they owe to Procopius' Secret Histories?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote