View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 03:00 PM   #2577
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'm convinced KU is oversold and that KDP Select is not clearly explained.
I'm betting most authors know more about this than either of us and obviously find KU worth the attached hassles.

There are many articles out there about indie authors debating the merits of Amazon exclusivity versus 'going wide.' The articles tend to be written after they have tried both.

I don't like Amazon's exclusivity. It's bad for readers and it is at the very least some aggressive arm-twisting for the authors forced to abide by it (I doubt any would chose exclusivity if it weren't tied to being in Kindle Unlimited).

But I do not think that Amazon is 'tricking' authors into signing up for it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote