View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 06:32 PM   #69
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
My Libra 2 is having this sudden battery drain issue. This one is a warranty refurb that I got a few months ago, but the sudden battery drain issue seems to have only started recently, as in the last couple of weeks, but I can't figure out what's causing it:

- It's always on airplane mode, so it's not trying to sync or anything.
- It doesn't sit on anything metal, but the FIRST time this happened, it had been next to a metal box in a bag, but I made sure it hasn't been anywhere near metal since then and it's still happening anyway.
- It doesn't seem connected to a particular book that I can tell.
- It hasn't been updated or anything in the last 2 weeks (since it's kept on airplane mode).

It happened when I put it to sleep while reading 3 different books, and a couple of times when I put it to sleep while it was on the home screen. I did a bit of testing with those 3 books and it didn't drain the battery any other time when I put it to sleep while reading those. It doesn't do it all the time, either. It seems truly random.

I solely side load books, and have the KoboTouch extension convert my ePubs to Kepubs. I don't know if that makes a difference in troubleshooting.

I am not a tech nerd, but is there a way I can figure out what's causing this? Or what I'm doing to cause it to happen? I can't seem to figure out a pattern to it. Thanks!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote