View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 06:17 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancanar View Post
Hello.
I use hyphenate this on my ebooks but although it makes the words hyhen here and there it still does not make all spaces between words equally white as I expected it to do. You can see on the attached screenshot that although some words are hyphenated the space marked in red is much wider than the one marked in green (it's from Calibre preview but looks exactly the same on my Kindle). Is the way to set up the plugin to make spaces equally wide like in real paper books?
No. It has to follow it's rules for hyphenation. While you might be able to find a better hyphenation dictionary, if you want to have a fully justified experience such as most printed books offer, you need to use microjustification where the width of spaces between words and the character spacing within words are both modified for every line requiring justification.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote