View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 07:15 PM   #9
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Google have insisted on OAuth2 for desktop clients (a landgrab to track and extra security is negligible) ages ago. Now to send to them and others you need SPF and DKIM. Allegedly to prevent spam. It does not. It's Google wanting people to use Gmail and Gmail on Android or a Web page. They don't want people using real email clients.
Yup, I got hit with this a few years ago. I decided to retire that GMail account, rather than to allow Google to dictate which e-mail client I use. It was a pity, since I had had that account since GMail was in closed beta and required an invite in order to join. Oh well.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote