View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 06:31 PM   #31
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Building Sigil on (old) Kubuntu 23.10 (Mantic Minotaur)

First of all, Thanks to you developers for all the work you do.
I have one comment related to building Sigil on Kubuntu 23.10, which still uses Qt 5.15.10, and might apply to the next version of Kubuntu shortly to be released, 24.04, and then another question requesting your advice. So here goes:

My system is Kubuntu 23.10 (Mantic Minotaur) and the system installed Qt is 5.15.10 as specified above.

When building Sigil 2.1.0, following the instructions in ~/sigil-2.1.0/docs/Building_on_Linux_older.md, as I always do, I executed the instructions to install the required and optional system dependencies. All required and optional packages had already been installed.
However, cmake failed because libqt5svg-dev was not installed. After I installed it, everything worked as expected. So maybe that package should also be listed in the instructions.

Second question: Given that the next upgrade of (K)ubuntu to 24.04, which is a long term support release, still seems to include Qt 5.15.x as far as I know (only looking at pre-Beta builds, but no hint that the final release will be 6.x that I can see), would you recommend going ahead and installing Qt6x, (which is in the repositories now), or just waiting until it finally shows up in the distribution?

Thanks again for your work!
Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote