View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 07:00 PM   #53
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Apple Vision Pro headset: the perfect reading device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I do not like 2 page spreads in general, unless it is fixed layout content that is designed for it, so I switched to portrait and reduced app window size so it was more comfortable. The initial margin settings were too narrow as well, almost zero. So far I'm using mostly scrolling mode.
I generally don’t enjoy two-page spreads on my iPad either, but it occurs to me that the Apple Vision Pro would be the perfect test case for such a format. After all, it could reproduce a 3D book in front of you with page curvature that would simulate the real thing better than anything an iPad could do.

If the CPU could handle it, you could even flip through pages and scan the content quickly the way we do with real books that ebooks have never quite matched.

It’s been a month or so since you set things up. How’s it going?
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote