View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 05:02 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_pluto View Post
Hey, so I have a weird pet peeve around how the spacing for the book descriptions on my kobo [sage]. The line spacing between paragraphs is too big, and until I found a (somewhat clunky) workaround, the book descriptions always started with an extra blank paragraph space.

So far the only solution I've come up with is to use line breaks instead of paragraph breaks, but the drawback there is that on the kobo line breaks often are not always clear to be new paragraphs.

Bonus if anyone is able to help me figure out how to use a smaller font size for the book description as well?

[Edit to add: I sideload all my books through calibre, and while I know I can change the format/appearance of descriptions in calibre, this does not seem to translate over to my kobo reader]
Have you ever used the kobopatch system? If so, there are a few existing patches (in nickel.yaml) which can be used to customise the synopsis page in various ways. Off the top of my head I think the existing patches can change:
  • font-size
  • line spacing
  • increase the vertical height available for the synopsis in the bottom half of the Details page by reducing the height of the top half (Cover/Title/Author etc).

If/when you become comfortable using kobopatch it may be possible to add further synopsis customisations. Anything which can be achieved using simple CSS styles should be possible. If, having tried them, the existing patches aren't enough for you then come back and we can talk more.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote