View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 05:48 AM   #1
mmc_meneses
Enthusiast
mmc_meneses doesn't littermmc_meneses doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thinking about change my ereader - Libra 2

Hi good morning and happy easter

I am a happy user of Kobo Libra 2 for the two last years (before i had Sony PRS T3, and even before the T1).

Actually my use of the reader is just from home and as i do not carry with me out of home i was thinking to sell it and get something bigger in size... do you think i may go for a Sage or a Elipsa?

I use to read mainly epubs but sometimes i need to access also to professional pdf, still libra 2 is quite not useful for that as for the screen size and also the smoothness on page flippng... will this be a bit better on sage or elipsa?

Letting out of the equation the screen size, which one is better in quality-price? I was thinking about second hand market so price will be around 350 for a elipsa and 250 for a sage. I was planning to get around 150 for my libra 2 (still in guarantee). I am quite a hungry reader so the amortization of the difference in price is going to be quite fast...!

At the moment i am not going to make much use of the notepad habilities of the elipsa...but maybe in the future, also i do have a tablet for that mathers, on the other hand i like the light capabilities of notepad of the sage that i think could match my actual usage.

In case i would choose the Sage, makes the change sense? I heard about some battery issues with it...it is solved through any homebrew tricks or fw updates?

Any advices for webpages with community improvements for Sage or elipsa like the one in spanish (sadly just for old models...)

https://kobo.lectoreselectronicos.com/index.html

Thanks for the opinions !!!

Last edited by mmc_meneses; 03-29-2024 at 10:08 AM.
mmc_meneses is offline   Reply With Quote