View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 11:05 AM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It happened because a) the cover was shown in the gui cover grid and therefore cached, and b) subsequently the cover file for the book changed its modified date without telling the GUI. Example: some external image editor. Example: copying the library without preserving mod times.
AFAIK Only Calibre operations (via GUI) has ever touched those.
I ran EPUB SPLIT (as I have many other times), Then later used the MDE to update the cover.

EPUBsplit uses a MDE style form just prior to 'done' to allow refined metadata.
The PI uses the 'source' cover (a boxed set image) as it has no clue if what I have split off has THAT cover (some do, some don't and a Bundle can only have 1 true cover'.

I tried a new thing, and updated the cover (used download cover button) before clicking OK
It did save the MDE cover,jpg, but maybe that is why the cached was messed up.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote