View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 11:27 AM   #31748
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Finished All the Way Home: Building a Family in a Falling-Down House by David Giffels. A neighbor recommended it, because the area of Ohio this takes place in is not far from us. I loved his writing style, and totally enjoyed the read. Found myself laughing out loud at many of the stories. The author's style reminds me of James Lileks.

Midway through Capote's Women: A True Story of Love, Betrayal, and a Swan Song for an Era. I've skimmed a bit, lots of detail about these women, with a lot of jumping time frames. I'm more interested in Capote than these women. I did watch the first 2 episodes of the tv show, but couldn't take the crude sordid way it was told. Maybe it's impossible to show Capote's over-the-top style without being over-the-top.

Closing in on the end of Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy's Fight for Survival. Interesting read for me, I'm fascinated by all things Royal.

After watching a documentary about airline stewardesses, I read Fly Girl: A Memoir which covered a lot of the same info. It was fun to read from a person person's experiences.

Looks like I need to read some fiction now...
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote