View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 11:34 AM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Thanks so much, chaley! One of the reasons for this odd search is that it makes it easier to preview distinct author notes in the Book Details pane, which I have on the right side of the UI.

Now I'm thinking I could use a trimmed Comments custom column to be displayed above the Bio. So I would need one more tip: what template should I use to display a trimmed comments field above the author bio in BD, displaying only the first 300 characters from the Comments built in column?

I gather from this thread that I could use something like:

{comments:shorten(300,...,0)}

Is that correct and also, would a PTM template be more suitable performace-wise?
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote