View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 07:58 PM   #45
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I'm so glad that I came across this article, I love every thing about it. It's a lot like reading one of Hunter S. Thomson pieces, gonzo journalism about modern things. It is harsh, it is mocking, it is critical towards obsessive fandom, and to Sanders and his writing as well, but I do think that it's also very flattering as well. Shame that that part went over the head of Sanders fanbase, and over him as well, judging by his reply to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
Rowling's moral compass is sad to analyse. One day her core fans will grow older and know better. Or not. I don't mind rereading her HP books. If she writes a book rivalling Potter in the future, I wouldn't mind giving her my money.
Try her Troubled Blood. It's a later entry in the Cormoran Strike novels, but she takes care to introduce most important aspects of the series gradually. It's also a self-contained case, so I see no harm starting with the best of them. She's very up and down with her detective fiction, but Troubled, for me, is a true highlight of the genre of whodunint. Memorable cast of characters, and puzzling case that spans decades into the past, and is resolved in a truly spectacular manner.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote