View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 05:14 PM   #46
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Actually Apple Books is just like the iOS version and does have Dark Theme (it is listed in 'Compatible apps'). So no special features for VisionOS. Speak Screen works as well but has some issues with scrolling mode (doesn't sync up the viewport). I wish it would let you open 2 or more books, like the macOS version does.

But News app is tweaked for VisionOS (probably to make some things larger to make eye tracking easier), and no Dark Theme. And I don't think there are any Safari plugins (dark theme) yet, as it is also tweaked for VisionOS.

I completed reading a book (probably about 200 pages total) in there, using Safari and read.amazon.com.

FWIW, Kobo is available as a compatible app but I will probably just use Books for future reading. Kindle web reader is not bad but had some issues navigating back to previous location: for some reason I could not select the 'back to page xx' buttons it put up after it jumped to a footnote.

Also watched The Marvels in 3D with Disney+ (my second viewing, the first being normal streaming on our big screen). I don't know why it bombed in the box office, to me it is up there with the best of the MU movies. Very well executed, funny and entertaining.

The Disney+ app has 4 Environments to choose from: Disney+ Theater, Marvel theme, Star Wars theme and another I cannot bring to mind. The Theatre is like one of those fancy theaters with the reclining seats and little tables to put food on. There is some murmuring until the movie starts up. But it turns out that I'm the only person in there! Would be more fun if you could SharePlay with a friend somehow and share real time commentary.

But even so, it was a vastly superior experience to the local movie theater, which is in great need of a remodel, and to 3D experiences I've had there. And better than our big screen except that I cannot watch with my wife.

Have yet to try any games optimized for VisionOS.

I'll probably install beta so I can use Feedback app to offer suggestions more directly.
Would you be willing to try the BookFusion iOS app with your Vision Pro headset? We just enabled it for iOS and another user mentioned that it works well. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bookfusion/id1141834096

Would love to get your feedback and video if possible.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=194
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote