View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
The story was decent, but the typography drove me crazy. I had to stop; I kept getting literary whiplash. Note to authors: Large numbers of backslashes do not aid immersive reading.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
if the slashes in the book are the slashes on bobs post, those are forward slashes.

also I like scifi with weird terminology, though I havent gotten into reading this book yet. Though I would never have made it through DUNE, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Sun Diver, and other scifi books.

I think angels cup power energy thingy is using too much metaphor where it isn't needed. Unfortunately what I'm reading here doesn't bring this novel up any on my read list, its stuck firmly in the middle
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote