View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 04:00 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I tested a demo Sony in 2006 or 2007, before the kindle came out. It was quite grey, but page turn was OK. Nothing like as bad as 1.5s = 1500ms.

ACeP aka Gallery 3 is only for retail signage, and while its colour range and brightness in ambient light is far better than Kaleido it's still very poor, like PC High Colour rather than PC True Colour.

What's a Kindle prediction got to do with an Apple product Prediction?

I'd not bet that Amazon isn't going to do a colour eink, because they've made mistakes on products before. Anyone got an Amazon phone?

More likely to bring out a premium tablet.

I think the only future for color ink is retail signage.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote