View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 10:23 AM   #115
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Please don't hate me, but I have to ask what is so great about the Oasis? I bought the Oasis 2 and returned it because I found it too hard to hold comfortably. That more than likely was because I am left-handed and it was very hard to handle with the cover on, and just didn't feel right without a cover.
The thing that is so great about the Oasis IS the page turn buttons. The only e-ink device I have ever owned without buttons is the PW4. I hated it. I won't buy another device without buttons. I am also left handed for whatever that is worth. I actually seem to change hands frequently when I read. I will admit that it is a little annoying to have to rotate the reader around every time I change hands. If Amazon doesn't come out with a reader with buttons, I won't be buying another Kindle.

I currently have an Oasis and a Nook Glowlight 4 Plus. The Nook has page turn buttons on both sides and is currently my preferred reader. I have never had a Kobo but I am not opposed to owning one in the future. All my books are backed up in Calibre so I can use any device I want.

(Edit): I realize that page turn buttons are not important to everyone. Probably not important to most people, but to those that prefer them, I'm glad they haven't been abandoned by all companies.

Last edited by cgsmom; 03-02-2024 at 11:51 AM.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote