View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 10:04 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Sure, and I acknowledged the talent that went into creating them, but there's this funny thing about preferences -- they vary from person to person. The cover creator output is far too simplistic for my liking as there's no visual cue, you might as well turn off cover view and just use a list view in that case -- the covers I linked have what I personally consider to be the ideal balance between simplicity and quick identifiability due to their distinct consistency -- the Kirby covers are thematically indistinguishable from other fantasy novel covers in my mind.
I find the Kirby covers to be rather unique. A lot of covers are sometimes too simple with not enough going on. Some are mostly words. The Kirby covers have to do with the actual book. They are funny and well drawn.

Can you please give an example of similar covers?

Some of the worst covers are for the Dresden Files series as they are quite wrong. The hat is wrong as there is no hat and the duster is wrong as it's leather and not some kind of cloth.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote