View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 03:01 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinta@ebf.cz View Post
In other words, you are saying that dropping of space during the "space+SH" export is intentional. I don't think so.
No, I'm not writing that. If the source for any kind of conversion is broken in an unexpected way, then a conversion may do something unexpected. Maybe it's a bug, but it's a bug that wouldn't show up in years of testing because you do not get a space beside a soft hyphen ever.

Your input file has a serious mistake. Fix broken input. All computer programs are famous for Garbage In gives Garbage Out.

I'm sure there are other stupid things that should never ever be in an epub that will break conversion and Amazon's conversions break more easily than Calibre. But Amazon produces perfect mobo, azw3 and KFX from epub uploads to KDP that are corrent. This is a broken epub. It's a format error I've never seen in ten years.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-29-2024 at 03:05 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote