View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 10:19 AM   #7
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg001 View Post
One question about price.

The Green 6GB A9 phone price on the site of The Chosen Store is listed as 460 euros. I read reviews when the phone was released and I believe hearing the initial sales price was around US$350, but I could be wrong.

Shipping to Western Europe is 75 euros.

Import duties to France: 20%, or 92 euros of the sales price.

Total price for the A9 shipped to France: 627 euros. Is that about right? the price seems steep for a small experimental e-ink phone.
That doesn't sound right. I think I paid 25% in taxes and the price listed on AliExpress was with the tax included. They calculate the tax based on your country and include it in the price for your convenience. I paid less than the listen price on checkout, and the rest was paying taxes in my country.

Write to the seller and have him explain how much the total cost is and what is included in it. It could well be that the 460 EURO is the calculated price with the import duties included.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote