View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 10:46 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I progressively removed the optional plugin preferences from a copy of my Test library, the JobSpy plugin has a tool to do it.

Still getting the BD for the 87th book displayed at start up or library open when the 1st book in the list is (appears to be) selected; although the delay to display the BD for the 1st book is a bit shorter - i.e 2-3 secs rather than 4-5 secs.

FWIW I see the same behaviour in versions 7.0 -> 7.51, but not on 6.29. It took a while to notice it because I hadn't been opening my Test library as much.

I now think its related to the nimber of columns, my Test library has a ridiculous number of them. And I have brain cell telling me it saw mention from you and/or chaley of changes as to what gets displayed when. So, I'm thinking the delays have always been there but weren't visible prior to version 7.

BR
However when I Quick switch between the same libraries in version 6.29 there is no discernible delay, including when I switch between my Test library with its 72 custom columns and my 150,000+ book Journals library — as far as I'm concerned the switching is instantaneous.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote