View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 01:33 PM   #1
MrCarl
MrCarl began at the beginning.

Device: KO2
Question KOA2 - Unable to wake on Deep Sleep

Hey,

I've had the KOA2 (CW24Wi) since 2017, I love the guy, but its had a funky issue from the jump. Occasionally (daily) when attempting to wake the device, it just sits there with a green LED for a few seconds, then the LED shuts off. The screen is entirely unresponsive, and it requires a force reboot to get it moving again. I've done some research in various locations of the internet and reached out to customer support in the past but no one has had a solid answer for me on what the root of the issue is.

Here's what I've tried:
- Factory Reset
- Firmware upgrade
- CFW

No matter the context, the same issue happens, but only occasionally. This makes me think it's a *Deep Sleep* issue rather than a sleep issue. I've just dealt with it until I found this forum and KOReader. Recently I've just disabled the screensaver using KUAL helper+ and that has worked phenominally for me, but it's severely reduced my battery life to where I'm charging nightly.

My question is, is there a way to entirely disable Deep Sleep? Or is that even the issue here?

The tricky bit is that this isn't that big of an issue, and part of me just wants to suck it up, but I thought I'd make an account here and reach out to see if anyone has some wisdom on the topic. I do want to say how appreciative I am of all the hard work and inventiveness on this forum for a technology I'm really passionate about. Thank you everyone on MobileRead. My wife and I are huge on KOReader and I'm training my kids up on it too.
MrCarl is offline   Reply With Quote