View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 07:40 AM   #21
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
It felt odd to me as well. I particularly disliked all the teasing from the author that constantly mentioned that the reader was given every detail to solve the case, then at the end he went and pulled the most extraordinary solution possible. Map was a nice touch, though. I always love books with maps.
I suspect that was part of his homage to earlier golden era books, especially the first Ellery Queens, where there'd be an explicit stop to say that the reader had all the evidence and was in a position to solve the mystery before the reveal.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote