View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 07:04 PM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
Except in this case you’d likely almost always have WiFi on so there’s no problem.

I rarely ever turn on airplane mode. I haven’t lost any of my sideloaded books. I only sideload KFX books via Calibre. I do so because I want GR integration.
Can you try putting some calibre generated KF8 eBook on your Kindle and see if they get deleted or not? The KFX eBook you put on your Kindle are generated by Amazon software. What I'm trying to figure out is if eBooks converted by calibre are getting deleted where eBooks converted by Amazon software do not.

Then the ones who maintain the calibre code can have a look and see what's going on to fix it. In the morning, I'll convert a few eBooks with Kindlegen and split out the Mobi part and convert with calibre and then let my PW3 sit with the Wifi on and see what happens. I'm hoping the Kindlegen ones stay and the calibre ones go. Then the problem can be fixed eventually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote