View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 06:16 PM   #146
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It would be nice to gather more information to try and discover more about this book deletion and determine if there are any workarounds that might prevent it. It would be helpful if someone who finds that sideloaded books have been deleted after going online were to gather more information for debugging.

If you enter ;dm in the search box your kindle will create three log files with names like all_system_logs_as_of_Thu_Feb_1_10.00.54_EST_2024. txt in the documents folder. This would need to be done within a fairly short time after the deletion occurred since the logs only contain recent data. Those logs might reveal more details about what triggered the deletion of the book files.
As jhowell suggested I turned on wifi and stared at my ereader for a few minutes and suddenly one by one the collection folders I have disappeared except for one. I had folders labeled Horror, Fiction, Historical Fiction, Star Trek and Fantasy. The Historical Fiction folder remained no books disappeared in it. All books were sideloaded using Calibre and all books purchased from Amazon.

I then typed in ;dm in the search box and found four folders named

all_systems_logs_as_of Thur_Feb_1_08.42.19_GMT-7.57100_2024

al_nettlog_logs_as_of_Thurs_Feb_1_08.42.19_GMT-7.57100_2024

winninfo_logs_as_of_Thurs_Feb_1_08.42.19_GMT-7.57100_2024

all_wpa_supplicant-logs_as_of_Thur_Feb_1_08.42.19_GMT-7.57100_2024

The folder listed winninfo was empty the three other folders were massive files. I have no idea what any of this means.

I then set my reader down and went to get my tea and came back and my collection folders were back except for one, the fantasy folder. My four fantasy books were in the uncollected folder.

I don’t know if this helps jhowell.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote