View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 12:45 PM   #116
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I really wonder what Amazon would say their reason is for doing this. You'd think their lawyers might have told them how iffy this is. It's illegal to access someones computer without their consent and delete files. You'd think Amazon would see that they are very close to that, and could end up with some pretty bad publicity from a lawsuit. Whether that lawsuit is ultimately successful or not doesn't matter, the negative publicity is the real killer. I thought Amazon was way smarter than this. And I don't understand why someone who knows this will happen turns on WiFi anyway. What does a network connection to Amazon gain you that overshadows getting your books deleted?
Somewhere around firmware 5.10.x amazon added code to forcibly delete directories named update.bin.tmp.partial even if they were set as readonly and regardless of whether they held personal files, so they have had that attitude for some time.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote