View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 07:22 AM   #102
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinear View Post
Recently had this happen to my Scribe which had been in Airplane mode for several weeks. Just for the halibut, I connected my 11th gen Paperwhite which had also been in Airplane mode for weeks to my WiFi. POOF! All Calibre sided-loaded AZW3 content gone. I checked the directory structure afterwards. Author folders were present but their content was erased. I don't know if this happens every time. But it sure gives me second thoughts about using Amazon e-readers. Just sold my Scribe. Keeping my Paperwhite only so I can download my purchased e-books via USB. Now using my Kobo e-readers.
You really should not be using author based directories because as you see, you'll end up eventually with a bunch of empty directories as you read and delete the eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote