View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 03:42 PM   #97
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Seems it is a good idea for customers to protect themselves from this type of Amazon behavior (with local backups, DeDRM) no matter how rare or "it doesn't affect me" they think it may be. The Amazon camel has its nose under the tent. A nose that is fairly well hidden and largely harmless at this time (just an occasional nuisance for a small group). But I'm not one who's going to wait around until it sticks another part of its anatomy in there, and then exclaim how surprised I was by this.

Discussion about when it happens, how it happens, and why it happens seems mostly a mental and entertainment exercise - because evidently it DOES happen. So protection from it would seem paramount to me. I wouldn't assume that the camel is content with just it's nose in there simply because that's the only part anybody has observed yet. That camel could lunge and be fully inside your tent in a heartbeat. Not much you can do about it at that point. My advice would be to get your camel recovery kit in order before the lunge. I would guess than many posters here have had their camel kits ready for a long time already, so this is somewhat of a "preaching to the choir" post. But there are new posters that join forums who may not be aware.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote