Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 06:18 PM   #748
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Air3 & Palma, Scribe & Paperwhite, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I do think the update will solve issues with ‘disappearing side loaded content’, now that Kindle and computer share a common understanding about what time it is (for the newer Kindles which got the time/date feature).
Just a quick note, my Scribe officially updated to 5.16.6.1, which I had to let it do on it's own, since I couldn't manually get the update on the device itself.

When plugging it in, Windows see's the device, but I can no longer see anything on the inside.

Calibre still see's that it's there, but can't get any info from it otherwise. No books or book lists. I can't send anything to it from Calibre.

I had rebooted it to factory specs a couple of times before. That didn't help. So, new memory, new install of windows, new install of Calibre, Windows still says the driver is up-to-date, newly updated scribe... No change. I have to send everything through "Send to Kindle" or download from Amazon.

I'm not inclined at this time to do another factory reset, as I've got it comfortably loaded, and it'll take forever for Amazon to download everything again. So, I'm just going to enjoy it 'as is' for a while.

Unless someone suggests a new approach that sounds reasonable, and be something I haven't tried yet.

Otherwise, it's working fine.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote