View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 04:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Thank you, do I need Linux installed to run the Python script?*
Yes I am talking about the thumbnails.
The screensavers are working fine (even when there is no corresponding thumbnail).
Just in case there is anyone else on the planet as hopelessly obsolete as me:
I tinkered around a little bit more last night and I was able to fix the covers by inserting the thumbnail images into the system/thumbnail directory.
You just have to make sure that you copy the existing filename.
It was a little bit tricky figuring out which generic cover was linked to which book but a little trial and error solved that: is there a way to know from the filename of the thumbnail which book it belongs to?
I also discovered that the Kindle is particular about the image format. I'm not sure what the rules are for that (I just found one that worked and made sure that the others were close).
I can deal with this moving forward but it's pretty cumbersome so if anyone has any tips/tricks I'm all ears.

*I can't really run Linux on my Chromebook anymore since it is EOL. At least not as dual boot which is necessary for it to see the Kindle as a USB device.
Forget this. It needs Python 2.7. Go with calibre once you get a new laptop to replace that chomebook.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote