View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 06:26 PM   #19
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
She taught me things about my own musical composition that I didn't know were there, such as one piano passage being evocative of strings and needing to be played that way. It was a humbling experience in a way, but also amazing.
You have that in common with Graham Greene, among others, I'm certain! I remember reading his quoting a letter from a reader, pointing out an element in one of his novels to which he'd been oblivious. Art transcends, it's obvious, even the medium.

Going off on a tangent, but it's why I don't much care what an author/artist meant. The work must speak for itself.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote