View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 11:53 AM   #4951
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks, DiapDealer and APK.

OK, here are further details.

I have two three-packs of Kasa Smart Plug HS103P3, one three-pack was purchased in November 2021, and the second three-pack was purchased in November 2023.

Two plugs from the first pack work fine and always have (one is used as a timer, and one is used in lieu of a remote).

I am about 90 percent sure that the two plugs that keep losing connection (used as timers) are from the second, new pack.

A fifth plug that has been working fine may be from either pack. (I only started using it after buying the second pack.) The sixth plug isn't being used.

The Kasa app tells me that three plugs need updated firmware. I am leery of updating, in case it's the three old (working!) plugs that it wants to update and mess up. Is there a way to tell?

I'm not using the Alexa app, just the Kasa app. When a plug doesn't turn on the lamp, the Kasa app will say the device is unreachable, and I will see the plug flashing orange. I can turn on the lamp by pressing the button on the plug, at which point it turns blue. Usually it will turn off at the scheduled time, having reconnected itself to the network.

And, yes, I realize I could just buy another set of plugs. But why should I reward the manufacturer of a wonky product by buying it again? And if the difficulty is caused by something I'm doing, a new set will have the same issue.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote