View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 10:58 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturg View Post
Hello all,

I am facing an issue with my wife's Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen as she can't seem to be able to get book covers showing up when device on sleep. Works just fine on my 11th gen.

We both keep our Kindles on airplane mode, I use the same Calibre library for both Kindles and convert the epubs to AZW3 format.

Her option to display cover while sleep is turned on in the settings.

I have tried doing the thing described in thread about this bug.
Are both Kindles registered with Amazon? If the PW10 isn't, some things will just not work.

I would apply the latest update, which gives Kindle 'real' system time. It might also fix issue with the PW10g. If the 2 PWs are on different versions now, it will also eliminate one variable to troubleshoot.

Also try the same book (one that 'works' on PW11) to confirm it is not related to any particularly book.

I don't side load much except to experiment so others might have some better insights into this.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote