View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 07:28 PM   #60
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've ditched my first book of the year. It wasn't absolutely awful -- a short story collection and I enjoyed reading at least a couple -- but it would have taken up too much precious reading time to finish. Sigh. It's not the terrible books that are the issue, because those are easy to jettison in full self-righteousness, but those that have redeeming qualities. And you keep reading, and then you start to think you might as well finish....

For 2024, I'm going to try to hold the thought that "it's not worth precious reading time". And, "no point in throwing quality time after bad".
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote