View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 01:28 PM   #1493
vividpierock
vividpierock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW10
Can you help me with reading manga on landscape mode with Panel View in two page layout? I have a Kindle PW10.

I modified the comic2ebook.py file, but unfortunately the Panel View goes like:
full two page -> first page top -> second page top -> first page middle -> second page middle -> first page bottom -> second page bottom -> next page.

I tried:
1. Setting the virtual-rl to the metadata primary-writing-mode, modifying the boxStyles like the picture below.
2. Removing the app-amzn-magnify, region-mag, and all PV divs, but with no success.
Quote:
The Virtual Panels feature is activated for comics and manga books in the absence of publisher-provided panels. The RegionMagnification metadata is used to identify whether the publisher has provided panel information. If the publisher has included Region Magnification panels on any page, the Kindle Virtual Panel view is not enabled.
3. Removing all Spread lines, so it shows only one page but with the correct top, middle, bottom Panel View.
4. Combining the two page in one image file, disabled the processing, so it works like in the picture but the page turn is slow and I don't know how to automate the image combining process.

So is there a way to do this vertical Panel View while keeping the spread, two page layout?
vividpierock is offline   Reply With Quote