View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 05:09 PM   #8
zitsky
zitsky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Maybe someone does, but they'd only get the limited HTML3 and very limited fonts of prc/mobi/azw and probably only Western European text. No non-Roman/Latin support apart from a few Greek letters. No R to L support.

Not much fun. Very grey screen, two darker greys, and a nearly black. No front light. You'll need an SD card too (maybe 2G to 4G, though maybe it works to 32G, I don't know) as it has only 250M byte storage. The battery likely on last legs. Calibre should work over USD, but if not you can use the SD Card in an adaptor on PC/Mac and connect to it with Calibre.

I've not seen the K1, but I did handle a shop demo of an older Sony with the same panel that uses. K1 was 2007. First Sony eInk in 2005. There were various LCD ereaders in late 1990s as well as PDAs for ebooks, inc two or three Sony models.
Thanks for all that! And thanks to everyone for the other posts.

I forgot how easy it might be to put books on the SD Card. I put music on mine long time ago.

I just need to check if I can still DeDRM my purchased Amazon books.

I’m surprised no one ever made a 3G emulator / interface to let the Kindle keep talking. It’s beyond my skill set.

I did see that the K1 is missing the basic USB network support.
zitsky is offline   Reply With Quote