Thread: Firmware Update Kindle Firmware Update 5.16.6
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 03:02 PM   #26
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Uhhh... For some reason, after this update, my Kindle doesn't recognize the custom fonts anymore. Has anyone experienced this?
I've tried with newly downloaded and old books but they don't have any other fonts available aside from the preset ones.
At first I thought the update just deleted the fonts folder, but all my custom are still there. It's just that my Kindle doesn't seem to be reading them.

Edit:
Restart didn't fix it.

What fixed it was deleting my fonts folder, disconnecting my Kindle, reconnecting, then copying back all my custom fonts.

I don't know why my Kindle suddenly acted like it couldn't read the fonts.
I think I saw some reports on Reddit to that effect, prior to this update, but I have not seen it myself. The one I have on my Scribe is still there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote