Thread: Scribe to Oasis
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 01:12 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Scribe to Oasis

I posted previously that I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and bought a Kindle Scribe. I was hoping to use it for PDFs, but the PDF support was really bad. And the effort I had to go through to get an even marginally acceptable PDF was not worth the effort.

So, for now, it's being used as an e-reader. I don't mind the larger size, but I don't really need it either.

My Best Buy return window ends in a few weeks and I was debating returning it and get an Oasis. But I really don't want to deal with a MicroUSB device. Everything else I have is USB-C and it's nice to have everything standardized now.

I went into the office yesterday and a coworker told me his wife got him a Kindle Oasis for Christmas to replace a Paperwhite he had (not sure what generation of PaperWhite,) He said he returned the Oasis because it was very slow.

This makes me hesitate now.

On the one hand, I will get the gorgeous large screen of the Scribe at the price point again. On the other hand, I really like the idea of the Oasis and the physical page turn buttons.

What I would really love is a Scribe with page turn buttons, but that doesn't exist.

I guess I'll keep the Scribe and wait for a new Oasis that has USB-C. I'm kind of surprised they didn't release a new Oasis this year. The Oasis 3 came out in 2019.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote