View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 10:14 AM   #5
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percivale View Post
Dear owners of 10" ereaders

I have been considering the purchase of 10,3” ereader (possibly one of Onyx Boox models). I don’t need a reader for pdf texts.

I have some doubts about the comfort of reading on a bigger screen. I like bigger fonts and I find them more comfortable to read.

However, I am afraid that the page width will be too big for comfort and fast reading. Obviously I can add much bigger margins to shorten lines but it will be a waste of space. Eventually, it leads to the practicality of such a purchase. To buy a bigger screen and then waste space for much bigger margins only to keep the comfort of reading?

I don’t mind the weight and the size of 10,3’ ereaders, I only have some reservations about the comfort and speed of reading with longer lines.

Can anyone please comment on this issue?
I will be very grateful for any comment.
I always say the same thing: a person who is used to reading physical books will have no problem using a 10" e-reader, either in single-column portrait or two-column landscape mode. If you prefer to use large fonts, a 10" e-reader is a very good option (I use "small" fonts and I am equally satisfied). Contrary to what is often claimed, I believe that reading on a 10" e-reader is the closest to reading a physical book (in landscape two-column mode it looks like a small open book, and in portrait single-column mode it looks like a page in a large book), which does not mean that a person has to prefer them to other smaller sizes as there are many factors to consider. But to answer your specific question (not my personal preferences) in my opinion you won't have any problem with the page width for a satisfactory reading.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote