View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 10:20 AM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm going with fewer challenges this year plus my usual benchmark for total reads. I had too many challenges last year (although it worked out) and there was a frantic element to trying to keep up.

So, three themed challenges of which two (the ancient world and pre-20th century fictiion) are the same as last year; I'm not ready to let either go. The third is pre-20th century American history other than the wars -- although if a war sneaks in, that's ok. Twelve books in each category; there's also my usual benchmark of 120 books read.

I may reassess at the half-year mark, especially if I'm getting tired of a theme. The issue is that I tend to read more junk in July and August and I try to build up a cushion before then, so switching a theme at that point could be difficult. I'd like to remember that December also is problematic when it comes to reading and it would be good to be essentially done by early in the month, especially not to have any long books hanging. Right now, I feel I'm in mopping up mode which keeps me from diving into new challenges.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote