View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 07:29 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Another item to remember is that most Android tablets do not get much OS support. Plan on at most 1 OS upgrade (Android 11 => Android 12).
Most Android tablets and phones seem to get zero OS support.
In maybe 10 years only the Oppo phone got any updates (security, not Android main version) and my Lenovo (Maybe a Tab10?) actually got an Android version update the day I got it. Nothing since. It's the 10″ one that has a round bulge with a small stand and speakers at the ends of the cylindrical part. I think it's batteries? Massive battery life and best sound on built-in speakers of any tablet, phone or laptop in 25 years. The Lenovo was about €200. I have a 256 Gbyte micro SD card in it and there is a version that works also as giant 10″ phone with SIM slot beside the SD card under the door beside rear camera. It's the best tablet I've had. Had 2 other 10″, and 4 smaller ones. Firefox works better than on an Atom laptop.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote