View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 04:17 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
  • Lenovo Tab M8 - Price fits with your ~$100, battery life rated at 16 hours 1280x800
  • Amazon Fire HD8 - Price fits, battery rated at 13 hours. 1280x800
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 - This seems to be a 10.5" 1920x1200 screen. Battery life is rated at ~6 hours. Most of the prices I saw were well over your price point.
  • Lenovo Tab M9 - just a bit pricier than the Tab M8, battery life rated at 13 hours. 1340x800 (a rather odd number)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite - 1920x1080 display, battery life is rated at 10 hours. Comes close to your price point and the best display resolution of the ones in your range.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are also almost always sales on most of these devices. A couple of years back, I replaced my Google Nexus 7 (2013) with the Lenovo Tab M8 FHD (1920x1200 display) when it was on sale for $120 Cdn from Lenovo's direct sales. Sadly, I was watching a training video on the patio and when my neighbour stopped to chat, his dog got bored and chomped on my Nexus 7. The display was never the same afterwards prompting the replacement.

Another item to remember is that most Android tablets do not get much OS support. Plan on at most 1 OS upgrade (Android 11 => Android 12).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote