View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 09:46 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleGuy56 View Post

why on earth would Amazon let people deregister if they can't register again?? Why aren't they emailing customers about this - they notified us about not being able to use the store any longer! They said I had to buy a new device, which I did. I told them they should reimburse me that cost...they offered me 50%. I threatened to sue them in small claims court (US) and they agreed to reimburse me 100% of the cost of a new one.

And yes, I surely would have sued them for the $150+ cost, no lie.

This feels like a good reason that lawyers and class action lawsuits exist.
It wouldn't be so bad if "registration" was sort of optional, didn't matter, but the fact is that an unregistered Kindle is crippled. No series, no collections, no books with DRM.

But the Verge adds:
Quote:
Update: A spokesperson for Amazon stated the company is actively investigating the issue, and noted that it continued to support all of its Kindle devices.

Update February 13th, 3:55PM ET: Amazon has confirmed that the issue has been resolved and that impacted customers now have the ability to register their devices.
So what's the truth today?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote