View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 05:29 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's a rather low number. The Libra 2 has a resolution of 1264 x 1680. What I do is try to find a cover with a higher resolution and reduce it to 1600 lines. I also give the cover a 70% lossless compression. That works perfectly well. This is done in calibre's editor. I may start reducing to 1680
It depends which is more important? The cover or the content.

I read on a Sage (1440 x 1920?) and without a cover, so I see the the sleep screen, which has "Sleeping" etc, so image doesn't fill the screen. I mostly use 1072 x 1430 in calibre because that's my compromise choice. The eink only displays the 16 M shade/colour image in 16 levels of mono anyway, though I do use the colour.

People can set the cover image default to what ever they want and I was only giving a general example while remarking that 9000 x 9000 is a bit high as it's 243 Mbytes when uncompressed!

The 1200 x 1600 is 5.76 M Byte uncompressed.

Quote:
That's a rather low number. The Libra 2 has a resolution of 1264 x 1680. What I do is try to find a cover with a higher resolution and reduce it to 1600 lines.
So you do exactly what I was suggesting.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote