View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 10:51 PM   #2988
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Does this still work? I tried installing twice on my Kindle Scribe running 5.16.2.0.1 and no dice.

The package I used was: Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_and_up.bin

put it in /mnt/us/mrpackages ; turned off USBNet, went to KUAL and hit 'install mrpackages' text scrolled by so quickly I have no idea what it said, but after the reboot I have a text file called "KPPMainAPPV2" with some numbers at the end as a log file of some sort, default screensavers and no new folder at the root directory to add new screensavers. Does it not work on the scribe or this firmware version?

Apparently after reading "https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=356888, it seems the screensaver hack doesn't work on the Scribe?

Should I reinstall the latest hotfix now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You've probably managed to install or partially install something that's not supported by your device (e.g., the ScreenSavers or Fonts hacks), and now it's broken the common scripts because they're picking up an FBInk binary that doesn't support your device.

Remove the linkss & linkfonts folders, reinstall the JB hotfix and it should behave.

EDIT: Nope, that was (probably) an actual bug in FBInk . I've pushed updated snapshots which should fix it.
Want to make sure my Scribe is strong and powerful for years to come lol :P

Last edited by arooni; 12-18-2023 at 11:02 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote