View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 12:06 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The epub has a number of errors in it (for example using Run check in calibre's ebook-edit). It also fails epubcheck (38 fatals, 1744 errors, 1 warning).

I tried importing HTML version and converting that to ePub with calibre. This also failed to check out.

Needless to say Kindle Previewer 3 also fails to convert: if this fails, Send To Kindle won't like it either.

It isn't clear what it will take to fix all of these errors, but until you do, Send To Kindle isn't going to be able to handle it.

Converting to AZW3 should let you side load and read it. I was able to convert it with calibre, (took around 15 minutes) but calibre viewer isn't able to open it (I gave it about 5 minutes). It does open on my Scribe and the links, ToC etc. seem to work okay.

That said, it is not clear this is more useful than just using a web browser when you need to look up some Python topic.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-16-2023 at 12:43 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote