View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 04:54 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
Another aspect to me is increased clutter and decreased ease of use. It's annoying enough to use Spotify for both music and podcasts. I want to leave a song up and ready to continue playing when leaving my music player, so I can continue where I left off; and I do the same with my podcasts. But if both are in the same place like with Spotify, I have to choose to either leave a song or a podcast up for next time.

It also adds unnecessary UI elements.

I just prefer having one program do one thing and separating them.
Yes. For me music, audiobooks, and podcasts are entirely different activities, and an app can only do one of them well.

I used to subscribe to and enjoy Spotify, but I cannot see ever being their customer again.

I cancelled my Audible subscription in no small part because the app has become a mess, as they push podcasts and Audible Plus content, and it is awkward to find and listen to audiobooks you have purchased. The library filters do not work properly, and it has been like this for at least a couple of years.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote